.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

San Juan Gossip Mills Outlet

A veritable fanatic of the Internet. His avocation is teaching while his main vocation is practicing the much maligned law profession. Currently teaching Constitutional Law at the FEU Institute of Law and a guest lecturer at the De La Salle University teaching "Freedom and Regulation in Cyberspace" in the Graduate Program of the Department of Communication. He is married to his beautiful Ateneo law school classmate and is blessed with a daughter and a son.

Name:
Location: San Juan, Metro Manila, Philippines

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas - A Perspective

Christmas is not for the faint of heart;
Neither is it for the stout of mind;
It is for the humble man looking for an inn to rest;

Christmas is a time for levelling;
when mountains are made low and the valleys raised;
Where kings and paupers bow low before the manger;

Christmas is not a season of innocence;
It is a season of guilt;
To measure the grace of God given to us;

Christmas is not a time for others;
It is a time for the little child;
Before he dies and saves us from our sins;

Christmas is a season of hope;
And after experiencing hope;
To find faith and charity.

And as you ponder this season;
Do not forget the season's reason;
That God became man that man might become god.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mobile Martha said...

My professor said--
"Christmas is not a season of innocence;
It is a season of guilt;
To measure the grace of God given to us;"

Good thing I don't have guilt (or maybe I'm not just hearing it because of the loud firecrackers and music outside). Not having guilt is already a grace I believe.

For the practical Catholic like me, it's a wonderful time to give, share and be happy. It's the time to thank the unsung heroes in our lives-- the janitor who picks up the free verion of the Asian wall street the previous day in the warehouse so I can share some of the articles to my students; my neighbor who never forgets to greet "Good Morning" to my son and me before going to school; the school bus driver who always helps my daughter with her heavy bag..

"Christmas is a season of hope;
And after experiencing hope;
To find faith and charity."

I think this is what makes me happy. After finding my faith and becoming honestly generous and finding kindness from other people, it makes me happy. I don't know if it is hope. I'm just happy.. :) It might be late but Merry Christmas and a Happy Year 2005 to you and your family! God bless..

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Performancing
Google